Alhamdulillah we are now in the blessed days of Hajj, wherein we remember the oneness of Allah and the obedience of His close friend, Sayyiduna Ibrahim ‘alayhis-salaam.
These days will eventually culminate in the great act of Qurbani (or Udhiyyah), when the believers sacrifice animals to Allah from after the Eid prayer (10th Dhul Hijjah) up until last days of tashreeq.
Prescribed in the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Messenger (SallAllahu ‘alayhi wasallam), Qurbani is one of the great symbols of Islam. It is an emphasised Sunnah carrying great merit and reward.
Ummah Welfare Trust is giving you the chance to offer Qurbani in one of 16 countries this year. Alhamdulillah, you can fulfil your obligation, and do so while feeding the poor and the forgotten.
– A small animal counts as 1 share. A large animal counts as 7 shares.
– Please provide a name when donating your Qurbani.
– Deadlines for Qurbani donations are subject to country quotas being filled.
– Cheques and postal orders, with details of your Qurbani must be received by no later than 20th July 2020. Personal details, including a contact number, should be provided.
– Prices have been rounded up. Any surplus money will also be used for charitable purposes.
Let us adhere to the traditions of this noble religion in the coming days. Let us follow the Sunnah of our father, Ibrahim ‘alayhis-salaam, for whom nothing was dearer than to please Allah.
See this year’s trailer
sacrificed in Qurbani 2019!